Each year, Lead DSM celebrates six individuals who exemplify the heart of community stewardship.
Distinguished Leadership Awards
A. Arthur Davis Community Leadership Award: Recognizes a community leader who exemplifies the qualities of Leadership Institute founder, A. Arthur Davis, including:
- Demonstrating a positive regard for the dignity and worth of others
- Acting as an agent for change and taking the lead when appropriate.
- Displaying an ability to positively influence people, activities and factors.
- Demonstrating leadership as well as membership in community, state, national, or International organizations.
- Exhibiting commitment to career progression and is a leader in his/her chosen field.
Alumni Volunteer Award: Recognizes a Leadership Institute alumni volunteer who has made significant notable contributions to the betterment of The Institute. Nominations for this award are submitted by The Institute's Board of Governors or committee members.
Community Vision Awards: Recognize four Leadership Institute alumni who have adopted the heart of our vision in one of four areas through their work in the Greater Des Moines community:
- Developing: Facilitates learning opportunities for the development and preparation of leaders to serve their communities.
- Connecting: Connects leaders across the Greater Des Moines Community.
- Inspiring: Inspires leaders to be good community stewards.
- Challenging: Challenges leaders to take action in the community.